All GCA 150 Local Chairmen and Members,
One of the additional steps to verify or change your BLET mailing address (if necessary) can also be accessed by registering in the Members Area on the BLET website. After registering for your account found in the upper right-hand corner at https://ble-t.org/ you will then be able to access the Registered Member Area. Once you are registered as a Member you will find the following menu below where you can select the Update Personal Information and set your individual address and communication preferences. Your address on file with BLET will be the address used for upcoming ballot mailing purposes. It is imperative if a member believes their address could be incorrect it is corrected at once to ensure receiving a ballot(s).
Continue reading “BLET to hold strike authorization vote”
Quick Synopsis of Article — TL;DR
- Mail ballots have been mailed starting on November 9th
- If you have not received your mail ballot by November 15, call the number in the article
- Voting stops on November 30
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, November 9 — Balloting has begun for the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen’s (BLET) tentative national agreement with the National Carriers’ Conference Committee, which governs rates of pay, benefits and work rules for over 25,000 locomotive engineers and trainmen.
On November 9, 2017, ballots, instructions, and a synopsis of the agreement were mailed to locomotive engineer members working for the following railroads:
- Belt Railway Company of Chicago;
- BNSF Railway Company;
- Consolidated Rail Corporation;
- CSX Transportation, Inc.;
- Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Company;
- Kansas City Southern Railway Company (including Kansas City Southern Railway, Louisiana and Arkansas Railway, MidSouth Rail Corporation, Gateway Western Railway, SouthRail Corporation, and Texas Mexican Railway Company);
- Longview Switching Company;
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company;
- Portland Terminal Railroad Company;
- Soo Line Railroad Company;
- Union Railroad Company;
- Union Pacific Railroad Company; and
- Winston Salem Southbound Railway Company.
Continue reading “BLET mails ballots for Tentative National Agreement”