In the event of injury; please do the following:
- Report to the BLET and BNSF when you are injured and before you go to a doctor, if possible. This will keep you in compliance with the BNSF reporting guidelines.
- It is recommended that you do not sign a medical release.
- See the doctor of your choice and tell them you are not under workmans comp.
- You work under the Federal Employers Liability Act
- You are only required to report the injury and fill out the injury report form, nothing else. (Keep a copy of the injury report form.)
- Do not allow any BNSF officer to be involved in your medical treatment in any way.
- Contact a union official. Phone Numbers (requires login) | Email